Moments to Remember
Aden is my most favorite gift. God has blessed me in so many ways, but none of my blessings are so great as the gift of Motherhood. I have never felt more love, more pride, or more worry for anything or anyone in my entire life. It's an incredible thing, to experience carrying a baby as he grows inside my belly, and giving birth to him (even 12 days late!). And then to hold him for the first time and to give him his first kisses and hugs as we make sure he is happy and safe in his big new world. I'm so proud to be able to say that I am Aden's Mommy.
A friend of ours gifted us a set of mini Navy uniforms for Aden. They match Harold's uniforms right down to the little anchor on the chest. I dressed him in one of them for the first time and I couldn't help but get teary. He and his Daddy are so alike and seeing him in that uniform made me think of sending Harold off for his first deployment. My heart hurts every time the thought crosses my mind...but especially when I held Aden in that uniform.
I know we can handle it, though. God never gives us more than we can handle...even when it feels as though that isn't true, I have to believe that it is. Otherwise I'd be an emotional wreck!!
A friend of ours gifted us a set of mini Navy uniforms for Aden. They match Harold's uniforms right down to the little anchor on the chest. I dressed him in one of them for the first time and I couldn't help but get teary. He and his Daddy are so alike and seeing him in that uniform made me think of sending Harold off for his first deployment. My heart hurts every time the thought crosses my mind...but especially when I held Aden in that uniform.
I know we can handle it, though. God never gives us more than we can handle...even when it feels as though that isn't true, I have to believe that it is. Otherwise I'd be an emotional wreck!!


No comments:
Post a Comment